Sunday 13 March 2011

Final Coaster Design


This is my final idea/design for my coaster, portrayed as basic as possible so that it was quick to draw and easy to understand.
The top layer shows what would be the laser cut area of leaves onto the lino printed crow (cross hatched trace beneath it) although this of course will all be merged into the same layer of my design. Made from cotton either dark brown or cream printed with either dark blue or black ink, possibly even both...

The second picture here is basically a non-slip material which i will use as the base of my coaster. Depending on the width of the entire thing when it's placed together will determine weather i put a light weight card between the layers to make it slighly more rigid.
The size will be 8.5cm X 8.5cm, and my design will fit quite central onto this small area.

I also came across this wooden framed coaster base which i thought my design would look quite nice mounted inside. Its alot smaller than what i want my final design to be, but i also found a larger one like this which i could use for the placemat.

No comments:

Post a Comment