Thursday 17 March 2011

Final Piece


























These are my attempts at Laser Cutting for my final coasters and placemats, i found a cotton material in a dark brown i laser cut my design onto paper first and it appeared to work wel apart from having to delete a few doubled layers. I put the cotton into the laser cutting machine and started the cut. I changed the material setting to light cotton before hand and the first example here is how it turned out. The laser cutter barely engraved into the fabric even though it was set to cut-through, so i changed the settings to calico because its a slightly heavier fabric than cotton. The second image here is my calico-set laser cut cotton, it cut through far too much making the cotton frey and the design began to fall apart, this left me in a bit of a situation considering these are the only settings even close to what i needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment